Skip to main content
For Non-Teacher Coaches

Anyone who coaches (paid or volunteer) in a NYS public school must hold a valid coaching license issued through TEACH.*

You MUST have an offer of employment (a school district recommendation in TEACH) in order to be issued any type of temporary coaching license.

Contact the Athletic Director from the school district in which you will be coaching. He/she will assist you in the TEACH application process, and in selecting the appropriate level of licensure. For a nominal fee, the Erie 1 BOCES Regional Certification Officer is able to provide assistance with setting up a TEACH account and applying for coaching licensure in our West Seneca Office.

*Exception: If you hold valid NYS teacher or pupil personnel certification, you do NOT need to apply for a coaching license. Contact the Athletic Director in your school district for more information about the coaching requirements that apply to you.

Request An Appointment

Choose What Applies